What is FormaV?
FormaV provides a non-invasive, gentle RF heating for internal and external contraction. It is registered as a therapeutic device for the treatment of sexual dysfunction and to help reduce/improve vaginal dryness. It can also be used externally for vulvar genitalia aesthetics. FormaV is an adjunct to Kegal exercises (tightening of the muscles of the pelvic floor to increase muscle tone) and provides uniform volumetric deep heating for tissue remodeling with real-time control of surface temperature.
The treatment provides a customised solution to address the variety of women’s health and wellness concerns that occur due to aging, or hormonal changes, or physical damage.
How does FormaV work?
FormaV provides uniform volumetric deep heating for tissue remodeling with real-time temperature control . FormaV is completely painless, Dr. Sharon Li utilizes the hand piece to heat the tissue of the vaginal lining and labia. This thermal stimulation increases blood flow and enables the remodeling of the tissue to tighten and strengthen over time.
Is FormaV suitable for me?
This innovative treatment is suitable for women who notice some vaginal laxity, effects of aging on the labia and vulva, vulvovaginal atrophy, and urinary incontinence. It’s also suitable for tightening the external labia minora and majora.
- Perform a pregnancy test when applicable
- Discontinuous any irritant topical agents for 2-3 days prior to treatment. If medically permitted anticoagulant should be stopped 1-2 week prior to treatment
- Hair in treatment area should be shaved, not waxed or chemically removed 2-4 days prior treatment
- Empty bladder prior to procedure
- Empty bladder immediate post procedure
- Avoid very hot water wash treated area for at least 2 days after the treatment
- Avoid mechanical contact with the treated area for at least 2 days
- Contact Dr. Li if any indication of infection, excessive swelling, redness, pain , or any other unusual or untoward symptoms
The number of treatment sessions depends on the individual patient and is typically 2-3 sessions, every 2-4 weeks but can vary according to patient response.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Li will complete an assessment to ensure you are a suitable candidate for the procedure. We recommend obtaining a GP referral, as this allows Dr. Li to access information regarding your general health, past medical history and suitability for the treatment.
A consultation fee is charged after your appointment; however, your GP referral will allow our receptionists to claim your Medicare rebate for this payment. Please contact us directly on 07 3219 6868 for more information or to secure an appointment.