Egg and sperm donations can offer a range of fertility solutions
Are you struggling to start your journey into parenthood? Sometimes a helping donation could help you achieve the dream of having a baby.
Dr Sharon Li and City Fertility Centre can assist couples and individuals with their comprehensive sperm and egg donor programme.
Who needs a sperm donation?
Sperm donation can help a wide range of people such as:
- Heterosexual couples who are having problems with conceiving due to the male’s infertility
- Single women who are wanting to have a baby with no male partner present
- A female homosexual couple who want to have a baby
How can you get pregnant from donated sperm?
- Artificial insemination
This increases the possibility of getting pregnant by the procedure of inserting the donated sperm directly in to the woman’s uterus. This procedure is also known as donor insemination.
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
IVF involves using the donated sperm to fertilise the egg in an incubator outside of the body. The sperm helps to create the embryo which is then transferred back into the uterus.
There are many things to consider before IVF treatment which are discussed here.
Who can benefit from donated eggs?
Egg donation can provide the chance to have a baby for women who are unable to use or produce their own eggs due to issues such as:
- Poor egg quality
- Ovarian failure due to medical procedures (chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.)
- Absence of own ovaries
- Premature menopause
- Genetic disorder carriers
- Poor response to hormonal stimulation
Egg and Sperm Donation Brisbane
For more information about egg and sperm donation in Brisbane, please contact us.
More details on donor programmes for fertility treatment and what City Fertility Centre offer can be found here.